On the bus
- Always sit if a seat is available, if there are no seats downstairs check upstairs.
- If you have to stand then please hold a handrail. Never cross the white line when the bus is moving.
- For safety reasons, please do not talk to the driver while the bus is moving.
- Please do not leave luggage in the bus aisles.
- Guide dogs are allowed on all buses. Please note that they should not be petted by anyone other than their owner.
- Please ensure infants and children in your care on the bus are secure.
- Every accessible bus has one priority space for a wheelchair user, which may also be used for a baby buggy. Only one wheelchair or buggy may occupy this space at any time.
- Wheelchair users have priority over everyone else for use of the wheelchair space, since this is the only place in which thy can travel safely.
- For safety reasons customers using wheelchairs must reverse into the allocated space and face the rear of the bus. Wheelchair brakes should then be applied.
- When a buggy is occupying the space, the child should be left in the buggy and the brakes applied. The parent or guardian should either sit or stand with the buggy.
- When the space is occupied, any customer who wishes to board the bus with a buggy must remove their child from the buggy and stow the buggy away safely.
Step 4 - Getting off the bus - arriving at your destination