At the bus stop
- Buses collect passengers at bus stops or bus shelters.
- While waiting for the bus, please queue in order of arrival.
- Please put your hand out to tell the driver that you want him/her to stop so that you can get on the bus.
- As the bus arrives and leaves the stop, stand well back to avoid the side mirrors on the bus.
- As the bus approaches check if it’s the right bus for you by watching out for the destination and route number on the front scroll.
- If you need the bus to be lowered or to use the ramp, just ask the driver when the bus stops. You will hear a bell/buzzer while the bus is kneeling or the ramp is being lowered. Please be patient and stay clear until this has finished.
- The bell/buzzer will stop when the operation is complete; it is now safe to get on the bus. For your safety, please do not attempt to enter or leave the bus from the side of the ramp.
- If you are vision impaired or are unsure whether the bus is the one you need, just ask the driver, who will be pleased to help you.
- Please allow other customers to exit the bus before you get on.
- Please queue and enter the bus on the left hand side if paying with coin or Leap Card and on the right hand side if you have a prepaid ticket or paying with Leap Card flat fare.
Step 2 - Getting on the bus - paying your fare