Hello and welcome to Network News.
Last week saw the publication of the 2015 Canal Cordon report. This survey is an annual count of how people travel across Dublin’s canals into the city centre and is conducted by the National Transport Authority and Dublin County Council.
It’s good news for Dublin Bus with 58% of public transport users choosing bus as their preferred mode of transport. This is really encouraging and proves that the steps we, as a city, are taking to encourage a modal shift to sustainable modes of public transport is working. Dublin City Council’s plan to move people from private cars to public transport is a welcomed strategy because it promotes greener practices, encourages healthier lifestyles and inspires a sense of community among commuters. It also promotes Dublin as a city that is easy to travel around.
Here at Dublin Bus we work continuously to ensure that we are providing the best possible services for our customers while also offering reliable services to make leaving your car at home worthwhile.
How do we do this?
- We have an extensive route network that extends to 97% of the Greater Dublin Area which is served by 100% accessible buses
- We are at the heart of every community and in some places the only public transport provider
- We contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions by taking cars off the road
- We provide value for money with some of the lowest fares in Europe
- We continually invest in our fleet to bring you energy efficient, reliable, comfortable and modern services
- We provide Real Time Passenger Information, which makes planning your journey easier
- 100% Connected – we offer free Wi-Fi on all our services
- We offer a safe mode of transport, with CTTV fitted on our entire fleet
Can we do more?
As a city we need to make public transport a better option than the car. This will benefit us all, both now and in the future.
We will continue to strive to bring you the latest technologies, best value for money and quality modern services that encourage modal shift and promote the attractiveness of our services. I want to see people use our buses regularly and experience quality customer service, excellent reliability and efficiency.
Finally, thank you to all our customers who continue to contribute to our place as the people’s mode of choice and to our potential customers; know that when you chose Dublin Bus you become part of the solution to climate change.