Boarding and alighting from a vehicle
No person shall;
3. (a) use any entrance on the vehicle for any purpose other than boarding the vehicle, or
3. (b) use any exit for any purpose other than alighting from the vehicle, or
3. (c) use any emergency exit for any purpose other than alighting from the vehicle in an emergency, save for the purpose of boarding or alighting from the vehicle if so directed or otherwise allowed by an authorised person.
4. No person except an authorised person shall open the door of the vehicle except in the event of an accident or emergency.
5. No person except an authorised person shall stand or attempt to stand on the steps of the vehicle while it is in motion.
6. No person shall board or alight from or attempt to board or alight from any vehicle whilst it is in motion or (except in the case of an authorised person) between stops.
7. No person shall attempt to board or to alight from the vehicle after the doors have commenced to close.
8. Where notices are exhibited on a vehicle indicating that a door shall be used for entrance and another door for exit (except in the case of an accident or other emergency or with the consent of an authorised person) a person shall not board or attempt to board the vehicle by the door indicated for exit or alight from or attempt to alight from the vehicle by the door indicated for entrance.
9. When a vehicle contains the full permitted number of passengers no additional passengers shall board or remain on the vehicle. Any such additional passenger shall leave the vehicle on the request of an authorised person.
10. (1) Each passenger shall queue at a bus stop in an orderly manner.
10. (2) Where an authorised person is regulating the boarding and alighting from a vehicle, each passenger shall on arrival at a bus stop take up the position at the rear of the appropriate queue, move forward in an orderly and regular manner and obey the reasonable instructions of an authorised person regulating such queue and in the absence of such authorised person obey any notices displayed at the bus stop.
Return to all Dublin Bus Bye laws